GSMST Senior Class
- See THIS DOCUMENT for information on all end of year senior activities.
Upcoming Events and Important Dates
- Tue, 4/20 - Senior Breakfast #1 - 9:00am, GSMST Cafeteria.
- Seniors should check in at the end of the West Wing (by car rider dropoff).
- Wed 5/5 - Deadline to Submit Senior Letters - See Info Below
- Wed, 5/19 - Senior Breakfast #2 - 8:30am, GSMST Cafeteria
- Thur, 5/20 - Spring Honors Night - 7:00pm, GSMST Cafeteria
- Fri, 5/21 - Senior Movie Night - 7:00pm, GSMST Intramural Field
- Toy Story will be shown. Pizza/Drinks will be served
- Sat, 5/22 - Baccalaureate - 1:30pm, 12Stone Church, Snellville Campus
- 1709 Scenic Hwy N, Snellville, GA 30078
- Seniors wear gowns and regalia. Do not wear caps and tassels.
- Thur, 5/27 - Graduation - 6:00pm, Infinite Energy Forum
- Admission by ticket only.
- Doors open for seating at 5:15pm.
Community Service Hours/Cord
Students with 200 or more documented hours of community service will receive a silver cord to wear at graduation.
Final documentation of Community Service Hours is due by Thursday, March 11 at 3:00pm.
Students will use a new program this year to turn in volunteer hours; there will be an advisement lesson sometime during the first few weeks of school to learn how to set-up your account and submit volunteer hours. Hold all paper copies of community service hours documentation for now, and plan to submit all hours to the online system.
Exam Exemption Policy (2020-2021)
Honor Graduates (90.0 GPA as of January 2021) are eligible to exempt the exam in any class with 4 or fewer absences - no matter the grade.
Other seniors are eligible to exempt the exam in any class in which they have a 90.0 average (after 10 points added to AP classes) as of 5/17/21 and they have 4 or fewer absences in that class period.
ALL absences count (including religious reasons, illnesses, car accidents, college visits, funerals, digital non-engagement, etc...) except those marked as School Activity (ACT).
Absences are accumulated in each class period separately.
Seniors who were assigned ISS or OSS during their senior year (both semesters) are not eligible to exempt.
Seniors who have any documented integrity violations, including digital cheating incidents, are not eligible to exempt.
Graduation Speech Submissions and Auditions
- In addition to the Valedictorian and Salutatorian, one additional senior will be selected to speak at graduation.
- If you are interested in speaking at graduation:
- Submit a Word Document with the text of your speech to the dropbox on the Class of 2021 eCLASS page by Tuesday, April 13.
- Include a title with your speech; this will be printed in the graduation program if you are chosen.
- Speeches should be about three minutes long.
- You will be notified shortly after if you have been selected to audition with the Speech Selection Committee.
- The audition date will be posted later this semester.
- Contact Mr. Kuninsky if you would like to discuss ideas for a speech or receive feedback on a preliminary draft.
Honor Graduate Status/Cords
- If your overall GPA after 1st semester of senior year is 90.0 or higher, you are an honor graduate and will receive a gold cord to wear at graduation.
- GPA's are not rounded, so an 89.9 will not qualify for honor graduate status.
- If you are close to 90.0, and bring your GPA up to or above 90.0 by the end of second semester, you will receive honor graduate status.
- Senior Dues are $170.
- The Deadline for Payment will be February 28.
- After the deadline, the fee will be $190.
- Dues cover senior activities that are held throughout the year, as well as costs related to graduation (cap/gown, diploma/diploma cover, cords, the graduation ceremony, etc.).
- This year dues will cover the sitting fee for your senior picture and one 8x10 color print of your formal picture.
- Dues can be paid by credit card online at Balfour's web site - www.gabalfour.com.
- A representative from Balfour will be in the cafeterial during lunch on 1/28 and 2/24; you can pay dues by cash or check at that time.
- Refunds will not be given to students who fail to meet graduation requirements or transfer out of GSMST after dues are paid.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT:
Go to www.gabalfour.com
Select GSMST from the dropdown menu and click “Submit”.
Click “Cap & Gown Packages”.
Go to GSMST CAP & GOWN PACKAGE A ($170) and click “View Package”.
Input Height, Weight, and Gender. Click “Add to Cart”.
Proceed to Checkout or Continue Shopping.
Family, friends, and teachers are invited to write letters to graduating seniors. The letters will be distributed at the Senior Breakfast.
- Seal letters and cards in standard sized envelopes.
- Do not send packages, large envelopes, or envelopes with bulky contents.
- Write the first and last name of the recipient on the outside of the envelope.
- Do not send letters by e-mail.
- Bring letters to the Main Office or send by mail.
- Letters can be mailed to Mr. Kuninsky’s attention at the following address:
Senior’s Name (first and last)
c/o Steve Kuninsky
970 McElvaney Lane
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
- Letters must be received by Wednesday, May 5.
Even with all the changes and unusual circumstances during this school year, there is still one constant: there will be a yearbook. Yearbooks are currently on sale at balfour.com. The final deadline to guarantee your student gets a yearbook will be Sunday, January 31 at midnight. We will place our order with the yearbook company on Monday, February 1 and cannot guarantee that we will have extra copies in the spring. We will, of course, order extra; yearbooks will be sold until we run out—but we sold out last year. In order to guarantee that your student gets a yearbook, please order by January 31. To process your order, please click here: http://balfour.com. If you have already ordered a yearbook, please disregard this message.
Senior ads are also on sale. Please look at the attached PDF for details. Senior ads must be purchased no later than February 17.
For all questions, please contact Adam Brown at email@example.com.