GSMST Senior Class
Welcome Class of 2022!
Senior dues are $175 and can be paid at www.scholasticimages.com or directly to the Scholastic Images rep when they visit our school. The deadline to pay is February 28; after this date, the fee will increase to $195. Senior dues includes the fee for your basic senior portrait sitting or a $30 credit towards other packages. See below for specific instructions for paying dues.
This year you have the opportunity to purchase a senior ad in our yearbook. Senior ads are tributes to your seniors recognizing all of their achievements, as well as a farewell and a “good luck” as they graduate. A section of a page is dedicated to your senior on which you can include pictures, quotes, and/or a congratulatory message. Senior tributes could be used for those special groups of friends as well. Download an informational flyer with pricing HERE.
- Senior Dues are $175.
- The Deadline for Payment will be February 28.
- After the deadline, the fee will be $195.
- Dues cover senior activities that are held throughout the year, as well as costs related to graduation (cap/gown, diploma/diploma cover, cords, the graduation ceremony, etc.).
- Dues can be paid by credit card online at www.scholasticimages.com.
- A representative from Scholastic images will be in the cafeteria during both lunches on the following days. You may pay by cash or check at this time.
- 9/7, 10/5, 11/2, 12/7, 1/11, 2/8, 3/8
- Refunds will not be given to students who fail to meet graduation requirements or transfer out of GSMST after dues are paid.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT:
Go to www.scholasticimages.com
Select GSMST from the dropdown menu and click “Submit”.
Click “Cap & Gown Packages”.
Go to GSMST CAP & GOWN PACKAGE A ($175) and click “View Package”.
Input Height, Weight, and Gender. Click “Add to Cart”.
Proceed to Checkout or Continue Shopping.
Senior PortraitsYour senior dues payment entitles you to $30 off a package; if you choose the $30 Simple Session, there will be no charge for the sitting. All seniors will receive a free copy of their senior portrait.Go to https://home.cady.com/ to schedule a sitting for your senior portraits. Complete your sitting by December 15 to guarantee inclusion in the yearbook. Appointment slots fill up quickly, so book an appointment soon.
- At the top of the page, hover over "Seniors" to open a dropdown menu. Select "Schedule My Photos".
- Click "Start Now", and identify GSMST as your school. Click "Select".
- Select your favorite scenes.
- Click "Continue".
- Select a session. You will receive $30 off whatever session you choose.
- Proceed to schedule your sitting.
- When you check out, enter the code "GSMST30" for a $30 discount.
If you had your portrait taken over the summer:
- Cady will contact you soon to discuss a refund of the $30 credit.
Community Service Hours/Cord
Students with 200 or more documented hours of community service will receive a silver cord to wear at graduation.
Final documentation of Community Service Hours is due by Friday, March 18 at 3:00pm. All hours should be documented in X2Vol.
- At graduation, we traditionally recognize those who have earned the distinction of Eagle Scout with a Red, White, and Blue cord. Seniors who have earned the rank of Eagle Scout or plan to earn Eagle before graduation and would like a cord, should bring Mr. Kuninsky $8 (cash or check made out to GSMST) no later than March 10.
- With payment, also bring verification of eagle status - a photograph or copy of your certificate, or the wallet sized card they give you will be fine.
- If you have not yet earned Eagle, pay now, and show Mr. Kuninsky verification at some point before graduation.
- If money is not submitted by March 10, a cord will not be ordered. Seniors may stop by before school or after school to drop off money. Please DO NOT drop off money between classes or during any class period.
Exam Exemption Policy (2020-2021)
Honor Graduates (90.0 GPA as of January 2021) are eligible to exempt the exam in any class with 4 or fewer absences - no matter the grade.
Other seniors are eligible to exempt the exam in any class in which they have a 90.0 average (after 10 points added to AP classes) as of 5/17/21 and they have 4 or fewer absences in that class period.
ALL absences count (including religious reasons, illnesses, car accidents, college visits, funerals, digital non-engagement, etc...) except those marked as School Activity (ACT).
Absences are accumulated in each class period separately.
Seniors who were assigned ISS or OSS during their senior year (both semesters) are not eligible to exempt.
Seniors who have any documented integrity violations, including digital cheating incidents, are not eligible to exempt.
- Graduation will be held on Thursday, May 26 at 6:00pm in the Exhibit Halls at Gas South District.
- Mr. Kuninsky will communicate information on the graduation ceremony and ticket alottments by mid April.
- The graduation schedule for all GCPS high schools can be found HERE.
Graduation Speech Submissions and Auditions
- In addition to the Valedictorian and Salutatorian, one additional senior will be selected to speak at graduation.
- If you are interested in speaking at graduation:
- Submit a Word Document with the text of your speech to the dropbox on the Class of 2022 eCLASS page by Wednesday, April 13.
- Include a title with your speech; this will be printed in the graduation program if you are chosen.
- Speeches should be about three minutes long.
- You will be notified shortly after if you have been selected to audition with the Speech Selection Committee.
- The audition date will be posted later this semester.
- Contact Mr. Kuninsky if you would like to discuss ideas for a speech or receive feedback on a preliminary draft.
Honor Graduate Status/Cords
- If your overall GPA after 1st semester of senior year is 90.0 or higher, you are an honor graduate and will receive a gold cord to wear at graduation.
- GPA's are not rounded, so an 89.9 will not qualify for honor graduate status.
- If you are close to 90.0, and bring your GPA up to or above 90.0 by the end of second semester, you will receive honor graduate status.
Family, friends, and teachers are invited to write letters to graduating seniors. The letters will be distributed at the Senior Breakfast on May 17.
- Seal letters and cards in standard sized envelopes.
- Do not send packages, large envelopes, or envelopes with bulky contents.
- Write the first and last name of the recipient on the outside of the envelope.
- Do not send letters by e-mail.
- Bring letters to the Main Office or send by mail.
- Letters can be mailed to Mr. Kuninsky’s attention at the following address:
Senior’s Name (first and last)
c/o Steve Kuninsky
970 McElvaney Lane
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
- Letters must be received by Tuesday, May 3.