What is Dual Enrollment?
An opportunity offered to qualified high school students to earn college credits. The student is simultaneously enrolled in high school and college and earns credit for both. The student can be a full-time or part-time college student.
Dual Enrollment Eligibility
- Student must be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade of a private or public high school in Georgia or a home study program within the State of Georgia operated in accordance with O.C.G.A 20-2-690(c).
- Student must be admitted to an eligible, participating University System of Georgia, Technical College System of Georgia or Private post-secondary institution as a dual enrollment student.
- Student must be enrolled in courses listed in the approved Dual Enrollment Course Directory.
- Student must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the eligible post-secondary institution.
Interested students should review the following documents and links before meeting with Academy counselor.
Deadline to be Accepted by College and have All required documents processed is May 1, 2020. (SGHS deadline)
College Admissions Requirements (click on college below)
Most students at South Gwinnett High School participate in the DE programs at Georgia Gwinnett College or
SGHS Dual Enrollment Packet - Complete and return the Required Documents (1-3 only) to your SGHS Dual Enrollment Counselor. A counselor will schedule a time to meet with you and review the contract and complete your SPA.
- SGHS Dual Enrollment Contract
- Student Participation Agreement (SPA) for Fall 2020 - This document is required in order to complete your DE college application. Fill out the first section. You will need this form to meet with your SGHS DE Counselor who will assist you with the other sections and sign off. SPA for Summer 2020
- SGHS Site Options (Required to hold a spot for classes offered at South through Gwinnett Tech.)
- Timeline for Fall 2020 Participation- deadline is May 1st!
- GA Futures Funding App Instructions (for Gwinnett Technical College) Please note: students must complete each semester at all institutions-Mandatory
- SGHS Dual Enrollment "Remind" Updates (Required signup after student has been accepted to College)
- SGHS Dual Enrollment Course Suggestions (a list of the most frequently selected DE courses from SGHS)
- SAT and ACT Testing Schedule for 2019-2020 - You must take eiter the SAT or ACT if planning to particiapte in Dual Enrollment at Geogia Gwinnett College and most four-year colleges and universities.
- Accuplacer Schedule at Gwinnett Technical College
South DE Coordinators:
Toi Beavers (students with last names A-L)
Tiana Cunningham (students with last names M-Z)