Head Elementary School
Where learning comes first!
- Head ES
- General Information
The Student Portal is an online environment that supports the teaching and learning in classrooms throughout Gwinnett County. The Student Portal is often called MY eCLASS. These two terms are used interchangeably by teachers and students.
- Access online textbooks, the Online Research Library, and the school's Media Catalog
- View digital resources, such as links to instructional websites, that support what students are learning
- Review their current grades for each class
Student logins are required since the portal content is specific to the student.
Many grade level textbooks are also available online. Not all textbooks are available on the Student Portal at this time. Students may access their online textbooks by logging into their Student Portal/My eCLASS..
- Receive additional support as most online textbooks have the ability to read the text aloud
- Study for upcoming tests
- Reread the pages that are used within the classroom
- Get a head start on upcoming topics
- Access information from home without carrying that heavy textbook
The Gwinnett Online Research Library provides students with 24/7 access to accurate, up-to-date, age-appropriate information that supports the school system’s curriculum. GCPS students can log into their Student Portal/My eCLASS to access the Online Research Library databases.
A variety of digital resources are available for students through the Student Portal/My eCLASS and through the purchase of supplemental software programs.
- Classworks (Student Portal)
This program offers individualized learning and provides engaging instruction for Math, Reading, and Language Arts. For more information, please view the parent letter.
- MegaMath (Student Portal)
A software program that focuses on a variety of math concepts. There are different games for different grade levels and skills. Ex: Fraction Action (3-5), Country Countdown (K-2)
- Leveled Readers (Student Portal)
Students can access eBooks on their reading level through the Student Portal. Some of these readers also offer a read-aloud feature.
- SafariMontage (Student Portal)
Students can access videos, images, audio files, eBooks, interactive files, documents, and web links from the finest publishers, correlated to Common Core & State Standards.
- G Suite for Education (Student Portal)
Every GCPS student has a G Suite for Education account where digital content can be created and saved. G Suite for Education (formerly Google Apps for Education) is a core suite of communication and collaboration tools that allow students to work from any device on documents and projects. Tools include but are not limited to: Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Calendar, and Google Classroom.
- Additional Programs (Teacher's eCLASS Page)
A variety of instructional programs can be found on each teacher's eCLASS page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find links to programs such as: BrainPOP (3-12), BrainPOP Jr (K-3), Teach Your Monster to Read (K-2), Code.org, Typing Club, and more! Some programs require a username and password. Please contact your child's teacher if you need your child's login information.
- Classworks (Student Portal)