2023-2024 PTSA Executive Board Candidates
Announcing the 2023-2024 PTSA Executive Board Candidates. We will vote on our next board at the next General Membership Meeting on April 18, 2023.
- Mandy Clark
- Shanell Hanson
- Suzanne Wieczorek
- Abby Garland
- Neyle Moran
- Tasha Wilkes
- Solange Arcoverde
- Jui Kshirsagar
Welcome Parents, Faculty, Students, and Community Partners!
Your PTSA is ready for the 2022-2023 school year, and we are super excited about the events and happenings that will make this the BEST year ever.
We are a small group of volunteers serving 200 teachers and 2700 students, so we encourage ANY help you can provide. Whether you’re hands-on at one of our events or donating items for our programs…No amount of volunteerism is too little, we appreciate anything you can do.
Our goal is to create an environment that supports our kids to become future community leaders, promote school spirit, and recognize the dedication our teachers have for our students. We have an amazing school at Duluth High and your involvement MATTERS.
PTSA stands for Parent Teacher Student Association. We are a 501(c)(3), non-profit, volunteer-based organization where parents, educators, students, and citizens work together for the benefit of the school and our children. We proudly serve the Duluth High School community in Gwinnett County.
Contact us at: DuluthHSPTSA@gmail.com
EXECUTIVE BOARD OFFICERS, 2022-2023
- President: Mithun Baliga
- Co-Vice Presidents: Jui Kshirsagar; Cathy Purdy; Ebony Smith; Thomas Wade; Suzanne Wieczorek
- Treasurer: Mandy Clark
- Secretary: Solange Arcoverde
COMMITTEE CHAIRS, 2022-2023
- Membership: Suzanne Wieczorek
- Marketing & Fundraising: Solange Arcoverde, General Fundraising; Cathy Purdy & Thomas Wade, Finals Week Biscuits and Donuts
- Communications: Mandy Clark; Cathy Purdy
- Senior Celebrations: Jennifer Bonner; Laura Vladick
- Senior Scholarships: Zarya Steele
- Hospitality/Homecoming: Shanell Hanson; Ebony Smith
- Fall Festival & Teacher of the Year: Mithun Baliga; Jui Kshirsagar
- Parliamentarian & Compliance: Julie Utley
All funds earned by the PTSA through events and programs go back to supporting Duluth High School teachers, administration, students, and families. Partnering with local community business leaders is key to long-lasting relationships and contributes to education and the future success of our students and teachers.
What we do:
- Spirit Nights
- Teacher Appreciation Events & Treats
- Homecoming Night
- Finals Week Biscuits and Donuts
- Classroom Supply Drive
- Senior Yard Signs
- Senior Celebration Activities
- Senior Scholarships
- Spirit Wear
- Annual Membership Drives
Your experience with the PTSA is truly unique.
- Being involved helps you to know the teachers & staff better.
- You will make life-long friends with other parents at the school.
- Socializing with other families and volunteering is fun, and rewarding.
Become a member of the PTSA on Memberhub and you will be added to our mailing list about events, volunteer signups, and donation needs.
Email us if you need help learning more about volunteer opportunities, or to join our mailing list.
Publix, Kroger & Amazon Smiles Programs
The easiest way to donate to the PTSA is through community giveback programs. Companies will donate a part of the sales to us when you make a purchase at their store. Just update your profile settings for your account for Publix, Kroger, or Amazon Smiles, and set "Duluth High School PTSA" as your school charity of choice. That's it!
PTSA Senior Scholarship2022-2023 Senior Scholarships
Are you a graduating Senior who needs money for college?The Duluth PTSA is offering up to four $1000 scholarships for those who plan to attend an accredited two or four-year college or university, vocational/trade school, or pursue other post-graduate education/training.Deadline: Emailed by 11:59 PM EST, March 1, 2023.Please go to Duluth HS PTSA Senior Scholarship Program.docx for the application form and further details.To apply you will need:
- Completed the PTSA Scholarship application form
- Official High School Transcript through the end of first-semester senior year.
- Two Letters of Recommendation:
- One letter from an administrator, counselor, or high school teacher
- One letter from an adult non-family member/mentor
- Write an essay (250- 850 words) “How has your time in High School impacted your plans for the future?”
- Scan all of these items together and send them by the deadline to Duluth.PTSA.Scholarship@gmail.com.
Senior Yard Sign
Visit our PTSA website to order your Class of 2023 yard sign!
Yard signs are $25 and can be purchased until May 5th.