Work Based Learning
Who is eligible for the Work Based Learning Program at Maxwell?
To be eligible to join Maxwell's WBL program the student must complete several items before being selected for this class. If you have any questions or concerns about this program, please contact Mrs. Barbara Hoag by email.
- Maxwell Program Pathway completer
- 16 years old
- Teacher Recommendation
- Completed application
- Graduating school counselor approval
- Credits are on track for graduation
- No discipline or behavioral incidents*
- Job selected pertains to the pathway completed at Maxwell and your career path
- Reliable transportation to the job site
- Remain employed for the entire school year
- Have a good attitude, good attendance and you are self-motivated!
*Incidents to be evaluated upon completetion of the application and interview with Mrs. Hoag.
Mrs. Barbara Hoag
Barbara comes to Maxwell with over 20 years of experience in the clinical laboratory and has worked with GCPS since 2008. She has worked in all areas of the general laboratory (Chemistry, Blood Bank, Urinalysis, Hematology, Phlebotomy) with a concentration in Chemistry. She most recently worked at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta in the Microbiology Department and Urgent Care Centers.
Barbara received her Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology from the University of Wyoming. She is married and has three children. Her oldest is a recent graduate of Georgia Tech, her middle child is a graduate of UNG and her youngest is a BSN/RN working in the surrounding communities.
Contact Mrs. Hoag
Teacher Recommendation Form
Please download or print the following recommendation form and send to your teacher.
Application for GCPS Work Based Learning Program
Please download or print and send to your teacher.