The Bethesda Elementary Title I program has met the standards and requirements as outlined by the Department of Federal and Special Programs. All decisions regarding the Title I Program are made by the Title I Planning Team. This team is comprised of Bethesda parents, staff, and community leaders. Team members and staff use parent survey results and local school data to help decide which topics are offered at our Parent Workshops, how Title I funds should be spent, what materials should be purchased, and approve Title I Documents.
1) Teacher salaries (which lower student/teacher ratio) to increase achievement of at-risk students
2) Staff development and release time for teachers to plan instruction
3) Extended learning time programs
4) Purchasing technology for classrooms
5) Purchasing consumable and non-consumable teaching materials
6) Paying presenters and supplies for parent workshops
7) Purchasing materials and resources for the Parent Center
Parent Right to Know:
Parents have the right to request information about the degree and qualifications of their child's teacher(s) and paraprofessional(s), if applicable. Please refer to the GCPS Student-Parent Handbook or contact your school's principal for more information.
PAC MEETING - February 19, 2019
Please joing us for our Title I Parent Advisory Council meeting on Febuary 19, 2019. If you need information in other languages, please check the list to the right.