- Gwinnett County School District
- GCPS News
Help drive success in Gwinnett County Public Schools: GCPS to host job fairs to recruit school bus drivers
Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) is hiring school bus drivers. On Thursday, March 25, GCPS will host a virtual career fair, the latest in a series of bus driver career fairs scheduled over the next two months. GCPS school bus drivers enjoy competitive wages—from $17.63 to $24.98 per hour and a guarantee of six hours for combined morning and afternoon routes—as well as excellent benefits, paid training, and a great work schedule. GCPS bus drivers work the student calendar year and enjoy the benefit of time off on student holidays and summer vacation. A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is not required to apply for a position. The GCPS Transportation Department trains and supports new drivers through the process. New drivers are paid throughout the district’s award-winning and professional CDL training program. Applicants must be 21 or older, have a good driving record, and have a high school diploma or GED.
To learn more about opportunities with the school district’s transportation team, make plans to attend one of the upcoming events. Transportation staff will be available to answer any questions and assist with the application process. The in-person events will observe safety protocols. Attendees must wear a mask during the job fair. Temperature and wellness checks will be performed prior to admission.
Upcoming Bus Driver Career Fairs
- Thursday, March 25, 10 a.m.—Virtual Career Fair, registration required
- Saturday March 27, 8 a.m.–Noon at the GCPS Hurricane Shoals Transportation Facility, located at 720 Hurricane Shoals Rd. NE in Lawrenceville
- Sunday, March 28, Noon–6 p.m. at Sugarloaf Mills Mall–Entry 6, located at 5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy. in Lawrenceville
- Wednesday, March 31, 3–7 p.m. at the Alvin Wilbanks Instructional Support Center (ISC)–Building 200, located at 437 Old Peachtree Rd. NW in Suwanee
- Thursday, April 1, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Better Work Gwinnett Drive-Thru Job Fair, located at the Infinite Energy Center Parking Deck (6400 Sugarloaf Pkwy.) in Duluth
- Friday, April 2, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. at Sugarloaf Mills Mall–Entry 6, located at 5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy. in Lawrenceville
- Wednesday, April 7, 11 a.m.–5 p.m. at Sugarloaf Mills Mall–Entry 6, located at 5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy. in Lawrenceville
- Monday, April 12, 4 p.m.—Virtual Career Fair, registration required
- Thursday, April 15, 3 p.m.–7 p.m. at Archer High School, located at 2255 New Hope Rd. in Lawrenceville
Additional transportation career fairs will be held in April and May. To be notified about upcoming GCPS Driver Job Fairs, text @drive4gcps to 81010. To apply for a position click here. The Transportation Department will contact qualified applicants to schedule an interview. Check out these videos to hear from current drivers. For additional information, call 678-225-7670.