NMAPA Wins $5,000 Georgia Shape Grant!
Congratulations to Coach Jones who just received the 2021 Georgia Shape Grant in the amount of $5,000. As part of the Georgia Shape initiative, the Georgia Department of Public Health’s (DPH) Child Health and Wellness program awards grant funding to assist local schools with expanding and enhancing their physical activity and nutrition efforts. This is North Metro Academy of Performing Arts second time winning this grant for the scholars to ensure we are supporting the health and well-being of our students.
Along with a funding award, grantees are provided technical assistance that includes—
- Statewide recognition
- Attendance of a statewide healthy schools’ summit
- Completion of school health assessment
- Action planning and resources
- Peer to peer learning and training
- Assistance with evaluation