- Team GCPS
Share your Good News with our community!
Want to share a success story about your school or department with the entire GCPS community?
Are you looking for a way to recognize a teacher, student, or team member for their work? Do you want to share an upcoming event or opportunity?
Important guidelines before you submit.
- If your good news includes students, please confirm with the school that the student(s) have not had consent withheld for GCPS to use photographs, videos, or audio recordings for this school year as shared in the handbook information.
- The school's principal or director of the department should approve the submission before it is submitted.
- If you submit information about another person, we will follow up with that person for approval before sharing their news.
- The more information you provide in the form, the better. We will determine the best channel to share your news based on your submission.
- For possible inclusion in a staff or family newsletter, please know that our e-newsletters are generally delivered weekly on Fridays, and the deadline is 10 days in advance.
- Not every submission is guaranteed to be published on a GCPS platform.
- Content submitted will be reviewed and edited for style, format, and appropriateness.
- We will not post anything that conflicts with board policy or our district strategic plan.
Tips for a great submission
- Keep your submission to no more than 300 words and include essential information (who, what, when, where, why, and how).
- Include photos, dates, and a call to action or next steps.
- For upcoming events, submit information at least two weeks in advance.
- Avoid all jargon, acronyms, and technical language. These terms may be commonplace among your team but might not resonate with others.
- Include the first and last names of any GCPS team members (students, staff, family, and community) included. When known, include staff members' roles and students' grade levels.
- Please include contact information so we can follow up for more information about your event or program.
- Let us know if you have photos or videos available.
Schools, departments, and our entire GCPS community can submit announcements to be shared in GCPS newsletters, social media, and/or our district website.
Questions? Email email@example.com.