Dacula Middle School
Serving with Intention
- Dacula MS
Car Rider Procedures
Updated Car Rider Procedures effective 9/7/2021
Our bell rings for car rider dismissal at 3:50 pm.
Parents may arrive on campus for car rider pick-up no earlier than 3:40 pm. This includes not parking in a parking space awaiting the start of car riders.
Beginning Tuesday, September 7, any cars that arrive prior to 3:40 pm will be re-routed from the car rider line.
As an alternative, we ask that you park at Dacula Park until the start of our car rider line.
If you choose to have your child become a walker and meet you at Dacula Park for the sake of expediency, you’ll be pleased to know that our walkers are dismissed at 3:50 pm as well.
When trying to access the car rider lane, cars should not park on Dacula Road in the Northbound lane (towards Dacula High) or the Southbound left turning lane (towards the bridge).
Due to traffic safety concerns, we have been advised that this will become an offense worthy of a citation from law enforcement.
Cars may not enter by turning left from Dacula Road. Cars should join the car rider line along Auburn Road.
Our car rider line should only be accessed by turning right into our parking lot off of Dacula Road. Parents may need to access to the car rider line via Auburn Road.
Parents are expected to drop off and pick up students along the designated loading zone. Staff will direct vehicle movement and the unloading or loading of students. Students should not exit vehicles in other areas of the parking lot.
All vehicles are expected to turn right when exiting the campus during official arrival and dismissal times.
Morning Drop-Off Procedure:
• As a courtesy, students arriving to Dacula Middle School between 8:00 am and 8:35 am will report to the cafeteria for a silent study hall. These students should be dropped off in the bus lanes in the rear of the building on Auburn Road.
• All students should be dropped off prior to 9:15 am which is when 1st period begins.
• Students should never exit a vehicle on Dacula Road or Auburn Road.
• All vehicles are expected to turn right when exiting the campus during official arrival times.
Afternoon Pick-Up Procedure:
• Please make sure that your child knows his/her car rider number. If you are in need of a car rider tag, please email your child’s homeroom teacher.
• Parents may arrive on campus for car rider pick-up no earlier than 3:40 pm. This includes not parking in a parking space awaiting the start of car riders.
• All vehicles should have the car rider number clearly displayed.
• Staff will assist with the traffic flow. Please make sure you follow the directions of the staff to ensure a safe and quick car rider line.
• The car rider bell rings at 3:50 pm and students will load into cars based on their car rider number.
• All vehicles are expected to turn right when exiting the campus during official dismissal times.
Thank you so much for your partnership.