What you can do to keep your family healthy:
We need your help to prevent the spread of illness in our schools– not just COVID-19, but any kind of illness.
Below are everyday actions you and your family can take to stay healthy.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow or cover with a tissue. In other words, keep germs off your hands. Put used tissues in a wastebasket and then wash your hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Don’t share personal items, including toothbrushes, towels, cups/glasses, utensils, etc.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are frequently touched, using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe following the instructions on the label.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If your children get sick, please keep them home from school and limit contact with others. If your child is ill and has recently traveled to an area affected by COVID-19, or has been around someone who has been infected with COVID-19, contact your child’s healthcare provider immediately.
If you would like more information about the COVID-19 virus, visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov.
GCPS COVID-19 Cases by School