- Grayson HS
Homecoming Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean to be a member of the Homecoming Court?
- Homecoming Court representatives should encompass qualities of leadership, spirit, integrity, and achievement through their involvement at GHS. Students must meet grade and discipline requirements.
- There will be 2 males and 2 females representatives for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade court. There will be 6 males and 6 females for the 12th grade homecoming court.
When is the timeframe to nominate classmates for homecoming court?
- Starting Mon., Aug. 28th students can start nominating their classmates for homecoming court. The nomination period ends on Thurs., Aug. 31st at 11:59pm
- Students can scan the QR code located on posters around the school to nominate a classmate.
How would I know if I am nominated?
- If a student is nominated they will receive an email on Wed., Sept 6th. If the student wants their name to appear on the ballot, they MUST accept the nomination by completing the emailed google form no later than Fri., 9/8 at 11:59pm. The email sent on Sept. 6th will provide details concerning the qualifications for homecoming court, the mandatory meeting, and other important information.
When/where do we vote?
- A ballot containing all approved names will be on eClass from Mon., Sept. 18th - Tues., Sept. 19th. All students will be allowed to vote for 1 girl and 1 boy to represent their grade level. (Seniors can elected 2 boys and 2 girls for their grade level).
- A ballot containing the senior elected homecoming court will be on eClass for one day- Sept. 27th for the entire student body to elect the homecoming king/queen.
Homecoming Ticket Sales
When is the Homecoming Dance?
- Saturday, September 30th from 7:00 pm – 10:30 pm SHARP.
When do tickets go on sale?
- All tickets are available online at MyPaymentsPlus from Aug., 31st- Sept. 25th. TICKETS ARE LIMITED. Buy your tickets as soon as possible.
How much do tickets cost?
- $30 each.
How many tickets can I buy?
- Students will be allowed to buy 2 tickets. (1 for themselves and 1 for a date– PLEASE NOTE: DATE TICKETS FOR OUTSIDE STUDENTS ARE VERY LIMITED.)
Can I switch/sell tickets?
NO! Tickets are recorded by student names. At the dance, only the official purchaser will be admitted to the dance. We will check ID cards at the door. If you do not have a picture id, you can log into the StudentVue app.
Can I buy a ticket for someone that doesn’t go to Grayson?
- Yes. When you purchase date tickets online, you will be asked to give your name and the name of your “date” or the person receiving your 2nd ticket. If they are from another school, we will record their school name. They must enter the dance with you or they will not be allowed to attend.
Homecoming Dress Code and Behavior
What do I wear?
- Ladies— No low cut, two-piece, bare-midriff or excessively revealing dresses will be allowed. If you think your dress is in violation of this dress code, please bring a picture with you wearing the dress to your administrator’s office.
- Gentlemen— Jackets and/or ties are required. Shirts must be worn at all times. No hats or canes will be permitted.
- NO JEANS ALLOWED
What are the rules?
- Suggestive or inappropriate dancing will not be allowed at all. This is a school-sponsored event. Please understand you will be asked to leave if you cannot dance appropriately.
- No glow sticks or open containers of any kind will be allowed.
- This is a school-sponsored event; therefore, all individuals attending must abide by all GCPS and Grayson High School rules.
Spirit Week is Sept., 25th- Sept., 29th.
- Students will have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Spirit Days on Tues., Sept. 5th- Thurs., Sept. 7th
- Spirit Day will be announced on Tues., Sept. 11th via Instagram: ghsrams_