Green and Healthy School
Keep RMS a green and healthy school!
This month let’s focus on Conserving Energy.
How can you help conserve energy?
- Buy Energy Star appliances and save up to 30% on bills
- Plant shade trees near your home
- Use a lid on boiling pots to reduce cooking time and energy use
- Match the pot size to burner size to avoid energy waste
- Purchase clothes dryers with moisture sensors
- Buy front-loading washing machines
- Set your hot water heater thermostat at 120 degrees or “low”
- Wrap your hot water tank in an insulating “blanket”
- Use warm or cold water for laundry when possible
- Activate your “sleep” feature on home office equipment.