- Lanier MS
- Dive Deeper Blog
Posted by Robert Mosteller on 1/10/2020 9:00:00 AM
The 100% Accountable mindset teaches the importance of being responsible for our own happiness and success. Being 100% Accountable means deciding not to be victims of the past and recognizing that the future is not predetermined, so our lives are what we choose in the present moment and each one moving forward. This mindset is about the importance of breaking down barriers and taking responsibility for our thoughts and actions. It also allows us to free our minds and focus our energy on taking the critical steps towards our goals.
The 4 critical components of 100% Accountable:
- Own Your Life – If we give away the freedom to act and think for ourselves, we’re more likely to become victims. This happens when we allow the opinions of others and their actions toward us to matter more than our own feelings toward ourselves. We must begin the process of owning all aspects of our lives and actions, and take responsibility for every moment and situation. When we do, we prevent others from asserting control of our lives.
- Overcome Limiting Beliefs – The greatest limitations in our lives are those we place on yourself. These come in the form of fears, excuses, and what we call the counter mindsets. It is these limiting beliefs that distort our belief systems and drive ineffective or destructive behaviors. We can, however, reprogram our thinking to overcome and eliminate limiting beliefs.
- Focus Your Energy – The people who get the most out of life do the most with the 24 hours each day that we all have. These individuals spend more time doing things that give them energy and use this energy to learn and accomplish what’s most important to them. We must constantly restructure our time in order to get the most out of the moments we have. When we do this each day, we take powerful steps toward reaching our dreams.
- Grow Through Life – Life is about learning, and it’s a process of continual growth. We must recognize this and seek growth from all experiences, good and bad. When we do, we are constantly getting better. We must also pro-actively develop our strengths and build new skills. As we do this, we truly become 100% Accountable and capable of creating the lives of our dreams.
4 Things You Can Do at Home:
- Model the 100% Accountable mindset at home.
- Encourage growth in everyday life. Some of our routines and tasks are productive and make us stronger, while others have no benefit, weaken us and may be counter-productive to living a great life.
- Discourage the blame game. When you blame or resent others, you focus a lot of time thinking negatively. This prevents you from doing what you need to do to live your dreams.
- Be solution-focused and not excuse-driven. Our greatest limitations are those we place on ourselves. When you make excuses, you are beaten before you even try.
Dinner Time Discussions:
- Don’t settle for one word responses by asking, “How was your day?”
- Instead ask, “What was great about your day? What was the most difficult part of your day?”