Back To School
Back To School Information for the 2021-2022 School Year
Please read this Camp Starling Welcome Back Guide. More details below.
1. Gwinnett County Public Schools will have a staggered start to the 21-22 school year. The first day of school for ALL STUDENTS is Wednesday, August 4th although some students will start in-person and some will start digitally. Read details below. You can also find the full GCPS calendars here.
- Wednesday, August 4th - Students in grades K, 1, 6, 9, and students with special needs who are served in a small group will start in-person. All other students will participate in digital learning at home.
- Thursday, August 5th - Students in grades 2, 3, 7, 10 will start in-person. All remaining students will participate in digital learning at home.
- Monday, August 9th - Students in grades 4, 5, 8, 11, 12 will start in-person.
3. Back to school orientation/meet your teacher day is Friday, July 30th. Last names A-L 8:30-10 a.m. and last names M-Z 10-11:30 a.m. BEFORE coming to meet your teacher, please complete steps 4-7 below.
4. Please complete the transportation form for EVERY student you have attending Starling. If you filled out this form at the end of the 20-21 school year, you do not have to fill it out again.
5. After July 17th, log into or set up an account on MyPaymentsPlus. Returning GCPS families should already have an account. You can add any new students to your account after logging on. Read and sign off on required GCPS release forms/waivers regarding attendance and student information protocols.
6. Sign up to join the PTA via MyPayments Plus
7. Complete this Device Needs Assessment Survey -*required for all 2nd-5th grade students