STEM Programs at Hull MS
HULL MS - STEM Team
What is STEM?
A tailored approach providing students with a challenging, collaborative, interdisciplinary learning environment focused on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) by fostering a culture of innovation, inquiry, and problem/project-based learning. The curriculum and AKS are the same as other 6th grade classes, but the lens is different.
Our STEM team is a team of four core teachers: Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Hull offers inSPIRE STEM Teams for students in grades 6, 7, and 8.
- Courses are offered for standard, accelerated and gifted students.
- inSPIRE Teams use a project-based learning (PBL) instructional approach that integrates Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Math via a series of quarterly driving questions.
- This program aligns with the Peachtree Ridge SPIRE program. Hull inSPIRE is available to students of all abilities, including gifted, special education, and traditional learners.
- Students utilize collaboration and communication skills and a variety of technologies to solve real-world problems.
If you are interested in signing your student to be a part of the STEM team, please click here.
If you want more information about the STEM program, please click here.
Hull MS - STEM Connections
This year, we will be offering a new STEM Connection course.
- This is an optional course.
- This course will be available to ALL students.
- Students will not be required to be a part of the STEM program to take the course.
- Students a part of the STEM program will not be required to take the course.
If your student is interested in this course, it will be an option on the Connections Preferences Form.